The East Pittsburgh Public Works Department is responsible for:
- Installation and maintenance of street signs
- Maintenance of sewer systems. Property owners are responsible for their sewer lines from inside their house to the connection with the main line in the street.
- Grass cutting of public properties, Borough-Owned properties, and parks. Most empty lots are owned by individuals and the owners are responsible for those lots
- Trees between curbs and sidewalk. Trees on Private Property are the responsibility of the Property owners.
- Keeping the streets of East Pittsburgh free of ice and snow by means of plowing and/or salting.
- Street Maintenance such as filling potholes.
Garbage pickup is on Thursdays.
- Garbage should be placed in cans with lids and set out no earlier than Wednesday after 3:00 p.m. for pickup on Thursday.
- Garbage cans should be removed from alleys as soon as possible after pickup but no later than Friday morning.
- One large items per week will be taken in addition to normal trash.
- Carpet being disposed of must be cut in 3 foot lengths and securely tied.
Trash collectors will NOT take:
- Freon containing items such as refrigerators and air conditioners.
- Auto parts.
- Building materials such as drywall, plaster, stationary tubs, doors, windows, etc.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF A HOLIDAY OCCURS ON A MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, OR THURSDAY, GARBAGE PICKUP WILL BE MOVED TO FRIDAY OF THAT WEEK.
Public Works Department Contact:
Thomas Korotko email@example.com