The Borough of East Pittsburgh is seeking full-time Public Works employee (no health insurance benefits offered). The desired applicant is preferred to have basic knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a municipal Public Works Department along with prior construction, maintenance or trade experience.
- Operating Borough-owned vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, dump trucks, salt spreaders, snow plows, etc.
- Snow plowing and salting of streets, as well as manual snow shoveling
- Cleaning up litter and sweeping debris and materials from the roads
- Repairing roads, curbs and sidewalks
- Mowing grass, pruning and planting flowers and trees
- Using a variety of hand tools, power tools and equipment
- Cleaning offices, garage areas and other facilities
- Other responsibilities as required
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with clean driving record
- 24 hours on-call availability on a rotating basis, particularly during winter months — must report to work promptly (the Borough is located ~11 miles southeast of the City of Pittsburgh)
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions all times of the year
Hours and salary:
- Regular hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Position may at times necessitate working more than 40 hours per week as circumstances require.
- Salary is negotiable ($12-17 per hour) depending upon experience.
- Vacation time is negotiable after 90-day probationary period.
- This position has no health insurance or other benefits available.
The Borough of East Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer.