The Borough of East Pittsburgh is hiring a full-time public works laborer. The complete job description can be viewed here
The public works laborer performs tasks involving physical labor jobs around the borough. This position must have the ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools to perform duties including grass mowing, weedeating, shoveling, sweeping, raking, mechanical assistance, lifting, pushing, and pulling of various objects. This position must have the ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions and other duties as assigned per supervisor. You must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Proof of citizenship and/or eligibility to legally work in the United States.
- Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to occasionally work various times during day, night, or weekend hours at various locations.
- Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager to adhere to borough policies and safety guidelines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position could require longer hours and weekend work.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please send your resume to:
Seth Abrams, Borough Manager
813 Linden Ave.
East Pittsburgh, PA 15112